LET'S TAKE ACTION!
The second annual Inform. Empower. Prevent. Let's End Campus Sexual Assault summit was a major success! Thank you for making campus sexual assault awareness and prevention a priority in Michigan. By working together, we can make our college and university campuses -- our students' homes away from home -- safer.
Here are 7 action items that we hope you will take back to your campus as a result of this year's summit:
- Michigan Colleges & Universities: Apply for a portion of the $500,000 funding allocated for Ending Campus Sexual Assault. The deadline is October 13, 2016.
- Tweet & post about the summit using the hashtag #MISaferCampus. Share with your friends something that you learned at the event.
- Watch the Netflix documentary Audrie and Daisy and encourage your family and friends to watch the film too!
- Talk to your friends and family about what you learned at the summit to create even more awareness.
Use this handout developed by keynote speaker Jackson Katz as a way to get the conversation started: 10 Things Men Can Do To Prevent Gender Violence
- Stay connected with the Inform. Empower. Prevent. initiative by visiting endcampussexualassault.com often for the latest updates.
- Download your picture from the summit!
Click here to find yours!
- Share with us what your school or organization is doing to raise awareness for #MISaferCampus by completing the form below!
Together we can change the culture that surrounds sexual assault -- change starts with us!